Installation help

May 4, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Hi,

I am having trouble with this solution. I have a document library i am testing this solution on and i'm not getting any of the fields populating. I followed the instructions but I'm not sure what i have missed, can someone offer some suggestions? I have Sharepoint Foundation 2010 with SP1 and Office 2010.

What i have done:

I have successfully installed and activated the solution "PAC.SharePoint.VersionInfoInDocs2010(v1.1).wsp". I checked again to see the status was "activated"

Made sure the "Office Document Version Site Columns" feature is active.

Created a new test library and turned on versioning, require approval, and require checkout  when editing.

Opened my library settings on the test library and added the 4 new columns. They all appear as fields in the library.

Uploaded a word doc and checked in. The columns appear but there is no version number  in the current or approved version. If i approve, check out and in, approve again, no other fields get populated either.

When i create a new document fields do appear within the Word document at the top as document proerties to be maually filled out. if i do manually fill these properties out they appear. if i check out, modify the doc then check in and approve they don't update.

I have gone through and checked to make sure all of the settings are still right.

Can anyone please help as we need this feature for our compliance audit?

Thanks in advance.

May 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Further to the above, i have also tested adding the 4 columns in document properties via a quick part in Word, the fields appear but they don't get populated.

i think it is an issue with the event receiver as all the fields are appearing where they should they just aren't getting populated automatically. Has anyone had any issues with this if Services Pack 1 had been installed prior to implememnting this solution. there was another unrelated script that stopped working after SP1. in that particular case a updated script fixed that issue.

May 21, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Hi - Ive got the same problem - none of the colums are getting populated

May 23, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Make sure you go to site settings and then features and activate the Show SharePoint Version in Office Documents feature.

May 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM

RTFM.... you are so right.

 

thanks...operator error.  works a treat now