Installation Problem on SP Foundation 2010

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I have followed the instructions to upload the solution to the SharePoint site (SP Foundation 2010), unfortunatley when I click to Activate (Step 5), I receive a generic IE error: "The website declined to show this webpage" "HTTP 403" "Most likely causes: This website requires you to log in."...  I have been able to upload and activate other solutions successfully, so I'm hoping there is sometihng else I can try with this one.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy B.

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Hi Troy,

I've just installed a brand new instance of SharePoint Foundation 2010 to test the solution and it works fine. The only obvious things I can think of is to make sure your user is a Site Collection Administrator. If you have access to the SharePoint server console, it would also be a good idea to make sure the SharePoint 2010 User Code Host service is running (if it is, restart it) as this is a dependancy for Sandboxed Solutions. When you activate the solution, it creates a bunch of site columns in the site collection - maybe it is having a problem doing that.

Phil